Voting

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sun, Fun and Tears!

We decided to take our first vacation away from Alaina this past week - we headed to Fort Myers Beach, Florida! We had lots of fun, sun and relaxation...but there were also lots of tears(mainly by me -ok all by me)! I missed Alaina a lot, especially at night or when laying by the pool watching all the parents swim around with their little ones...Don't get me wrong it was nice to not have a schedule all day and figure out when we have to eat lunch by, what time we need to go back to the room for a nap, what time we need to eat dinner and try and be back for bedtime at 8:30, etc... I don't think the cocktails every night helped the emotions either....but they definitely helped the relaxation!

There was really nothing to worry about because Alaina was busy having fun spending a couple days each with G'pa and G'ma Wiech, G'ma & G'pa Mac and 2 days with Auntie Sarah and Uncle Mike! It sounds like she had a great time without us though! Mike and Sarah took her to swim lessons on Saturday, the Children's Museum after, a birthday party and then had a dinner/play date with Jacob http://littlejakesinclair.blogspot.com/. I don't think she missed ME though... Sunday Mike and Sarah and Alaina came to pick us up from the airport, I got in the car and gave her a big hug and a kiss and she looks at me and says Daddy?! It took a little bit for her to forgive us for leaving her, but then she was running around the house like a wild woman!

Two days from the end of our vacation we decided we had better take a few pics, so here is what we got...


Twins game @ Hammond Stadium - great time if your ever in Ft.Myers during spring training...



Our 2nd to last sunset..


I believe we were at this little tiki hut every sunset but one? Awesome view's - the sunset and mainly the people!
View from the beach! - Beautiful
And the last night...

A little sunset yoga? OR a few too many cocktails?

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Great pics! Despite the tears you look amazing...so relaxed and like you guys had a great time. I have been crying here...but only because it is cold and I can't go to the beach. ;) P.S. Jake had a great time playing with Alaina over and Mike and Sarah's...I will get some pics posted today.

    ReplyDelete